December 27, 2010

Calico

DSCN2333 Several years back I happened to find this yarn, Mondial Decatì. It is a cheapo 100% wool sock yarn which is now only produced as solid, but at the time it was also produced in a few interesting variegated, including the green one I used for my Child's First Socks. This second colorway was bought just because it reminded me of a calico cat's fur and I always pictured myself wearing calico socks with small Cat's Paws on them.
Sock done Point is, I started knitting them a few years back and never go to finish the first sock. It was about the time I discovered my gynecological problems and the association with these socks plus the disastrous pill I had to take too away all fancy about this yarn.
I exhumed the yarn a couple of weeks back and I am now speed knitting it (well, with as much speed as my multiple projects allow me...) with small cat's paws and ribs and all of that stuff. And I am very satisfied with the way they are turning out, although I am now unable to make them into a pattern due to the fact that the yarn seems to have been discontinued, at least in the variegated version. Look! I even learned to graft properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...